In January 2011 Beth & Steve upped sticks and did what most people dream of - they left behind their "normal" lives in Hampshire and gambled it all on a new life in the place of Steve's youth - beautiful South Cumbria. They started this blog so their families could follow their adventures and before long a writing career was born. Their first book Historic Cumbria Off the Beaten Track was published in October 2015 - it received excellent reviews and was shortlisted for the Lakeland Book of the Year Award. (Their second book will be out Easter 2017, followed by book 3 Summer 2017).
These days they delight in exploring hidden corners of the UK, finding fun things to do - usually on a budget - and sharing them with the world. They've explored from Lands End to John O'Groats and are happiest when armed with a flask of tea and some sarnies and heading off on another adventure.
As Beth says "I've nothing against the rest of the world, I'm sure it's really nice, but there are so many incredible things we can see and do right on our doorstep. People travel from the other side of the world to see things we either miss or take for granted. The UK has so much to offer and you don't need to hang around airports, apply for visas or get any painful inoculations."
Beth does the words - Steve does all the lovely pics. If you want to get in touch drop us a line: CumbrianRambler@live.co.uk
We are available for:
- Media trips - UK destinations
- Brand promotion - on social media or via the blog (relevant to blog content)
- Review - outdoor and travel related products and destinations
- Expert web content - bespoke pieces for your own site or print media
- Speaking at events - sharing expertise on Cumbria & other UK destinations, writing and blogging
- Social media training - courses tailored to suit (Beth is a professional business skills trainer with > 20 years experience)