1. The top of a hill in the wind and the rain is better than any office, anywhere, any time.
2. Cursing, swearing, freezing, getting soaked and being lost is all just part of the fun.
|Getting soaked near the New Forest|
3. It's not a hiking pub if there's "jus" on the menu.
4. Finding your own "new" route is better than following a walking guide - even if it does occasionally call for a little improv...
5. OS Maps are a thing of beauty.
|Love at first sight|
6. There's no such thing as too much kit.
|A small selection|
7. No one else is allowed on your hiking route.
8. Of course there's an easier route, but where's the fun in that?
9. There will never be enough time to do all the hikes you have planned.
|I want to climb that one, and that one, then that one...|
10. You only realise you've lost track of time when you're trying to find the car in the dark.
|"But it was 2pm only a minute ago..."|
11. Snow is magnetic and resistance is futile.
|Think of all the snowmen...|
12. The times you were the most scared were probably your best adventures.
|Stirrup Crag, Yewbarrow|
13. There's no such thing as the "wrong path" - it's just a different route
|Halls Fell Ridge, Blencathra|
14. This is your expression when someone tells you you need to finish the hike early to get home for something.
|Whaddya mean, "early"?|
15. Whatever you've been through, the views will always make it worthwhile.
|Thirlmere from Raven Crag|