Saturday 14 June 2014

R and aaahhhh...

Time to take this blog back to its origins I think - daily posts about a bit of an adventure.

This morning didn't start so well if I'm honest - work has been so manic lately and I was so tired that although I very much wanted to go away I also very much didn't want to pack or drive.  By 11am Steve's steely glare finally convinced me it was time to ditch the PJs and leap into action.  Well I say leap, it was still 2pm before I was ready to leave...

North to Carlisle, stop for fuel & booze at Asda then Steve headed back to Delores while I nipped to the loo & then bought a giant pizza so I didn't have to cook. Don't judge me - it's been a long week. Plus it turns out the pizza is too big for the oven. That'll teach me.

It wasn't long before we were in Seahouses.  The campsite is fab except for the fact we're on a grass pitch which is now somewhat churned plus we're in the shade of the barn.  On the upside we have swallows buzzing around the van and we're just over the road from the stunning Beadnell Bay.

So far we've explored the bay, been for a paddle and bumped into the skipper of one of the boats to the Farne Islands we want to hop on this week.  Most fortunate as he gave us some useful pointers.

This may sound silly but I absolutely love the fact that I can now spot different birds - tonight wasn't too taxing - Black Headed Gulls, Oyster Catchers, Herons and Herring Gulls - but a few years back I would have been oblivious.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now - not much excitement really - apart from cutting the giant pizza in two so we can cook it...

Annstead Bay

Aaaaannd relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment